• For Thursday and Friday, March 15-16, a limited number of parking spaces will be reserved for SNCA attendees in the surface parking lot (not the deck) at the Bryan Center, located at 135 Science Dr., Durham, NC 27705.
• Tell the attendant you are here for the “Society of NC Archivists Conference.” The parking attendant, will be stationed at the lot from 7am-11am on both days.
• In the very likely event that this lot will fill up, you will be directed to the Chemistry Lot, which is a 10-15 minute walk.
• Alternate parking at your own expense is available at the Bryan Center parking deck ($2/hour) or other campus visitor lots.
• The Rubenstein Library is about a 5 minute walk from the Bryan Center parking lot. A printable map and other details about the Rubenstein Library are available on our Visitor page.
• If you need assistance from the Parking Office, please call Caleb Mitchell in the Parking Office 919-519-0990.
• If you get lost, call the Rubenstein Library front desk: 919-660-5822.
• If parking is a nightmare and makes you cry, we will have tissues and chocolate at the registration desk.
We have reserved block of rooms for at 2 hotels near campus. The deadline for the group rate at both locations is February 21, 2018.
Cambria Hotels and Suites (reservations start on Tuesday for Wednesday workshop attendees)
2306 Elba Street
Durham, NC 27705
Phone: (919) 286-3111. To make a reservation by phone, call Natasha Maggitt at (919) 286-3111 ext. 3.
- 1 King or 2 Queen: 109 USD /night
Residence Inn By Marriott
Durham McPherson Duke University Medical Center Area
1108 West Main Street
Durham, NC 27701
Phone: (919) 680-4440
- Studio (1 King, Sofa bed) 149 USD /night
- Studio (2 Queen, Sofa bed) 159 USD /night
- 2 Bedroom Suite (Bedroom 1: 1 King, Bedroom 2: 1 King, Sofa bed, Bathrooms: 2) 249 USD /night
Book the group rate for Residence Inn: Due to low booking numbers, the online reservation form is no longer available. You can still book the group rate by phone at the number above, or contacting sales director Miguel Hernandez (919) 680-4643.
Conference Location: Rubenstein Library
All programs will be held in the Rubenstein Library and Perkins Library on the West Campus of Duke University, Durham, NC. The Visitor page on the Rubenstein Library website includes details about driving, public transportation, a campus map [PDF], and public parking options.
The Durham Convention and Visitors Bureau offers a wide variety of activities, cultural opportunities, dining suggestions and more.