Contributed by Kait Dorsky, University Archivist at UNC School of the Arts
The UNC School of the Arts Archives is excited to announce the launch of two new access points to our collections:
- The UNCSA Archives Collections Database, which includes finding aids for collections such as
- The Christina Giannini Collection of Design Drawings, which includes costume and stage design drawings for dance and theatrical productions by companies such as North Carolina School of the Arts, Agnes de Mille Heritage Dance Theatre, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, Ballet Internacional de Caracas, Chautauqua Institution, Joffrey Ballet, Roundabout Theatre Company, and State Street Ballet.
- Collections from affiliate organizations of UNCSA, such as the North Carolina Dance Theatre and the Civic Music Association of Winston-Salem.
- Collections of programs and posters from UNCSA performances.
- The UNCSA Archives Digital Collections, home to more than 13,000 digitized items from the collections, including photographs and posters from past UNCSA performances, campus life, and more.
The UNCSA Archives collects material documenting the history of the school, dating from its founding in 1963 to the present. Collections include campus publications, sound and video recordings, performance programs and posters, and photographs, as well as material related to professional affiliate programs and the creative careers of members of the UNCSA community.