Society of North Carolina Archivists 2017 Conference
Call for Proposals
The 2017 Program Committee is now accepting proposals for the 2017 SNCA conference at the University of North Carolina, Asheville, in Asheville, North Carolina on March 16-17, 2017. This year's theme is "Working together: documenting diverse dialogues and communities."
The Committee invites proposals on all aspects of this theme, including but not limited to the following topics:
- How archives can support current events and be relevant today and in the future
- Importance of archiving social media conversations
- Documenting diverse viewpoints
- Collaborating and building relationships within the workplace
- Working with various community organizations, donors, and other institutions
- How archivists demonstrate our value to the public, administration, other institutions, etc.
- Gray areas of archival ethics
- Integrating professional and personal values while respecting others
- Raising awareness of hidden collections
- Documenting turbulent times
- Importance of the archives in changing times
Panel and lightning rounds proposals: This may include an individual speaker interested in joining a panel, a full panel, or lightning round proposals. Each speaker will need to provide a 100 word abstract of his/her proposed topic. Panel sessions consist of 3-4 speakers who will each have 15-20 minutes to present. Lightning rounds include more speakers with less time for each individual, with approximately 5-10 minutes to present.
Posters: Please submit a 100 word abstract for your proposed topic.
The Committee invites submissions that reflect the diverse experiences and perspectives of those active in the field. Any individual involved in archives – including staff, volunteers, researchers, donors, academics, and allied professionals – is welcome to submit proposal. Students and new professionals are particularly encouraged to submit. Speakers do not need to be SNCA members.
Please visit the conference page for location and hotel information. More details will be added as they become available.
Submission deadline is midnight, January 23rd, 2017.
Submit panel and lightning round proposals at: https://goo.gl/forms/j1UpXu0EYmcNOUvF2
Submit poster proposals at: https://goo.gl/forms/q7fDAeJe5gdZklCC3