Society of North Carolina Archivists / South Carolina Archival Association 2016 Conference Call for Proposals
The 2016 Program Committee is now accepting proposals for the 2016 SNCA/SCAA joint conference at the Mint Museum Uptown in Charlotte, North Carolina on March 31 and April 1, 2016.
This year's theme is "Advocacy and Engagement: Demonstrating the Value of Archives." The Committee invites proposals on all aspects of this theme, including but not limited to the following topics:
* Internal advocacy (could also include creating and/or revitalizing an archives program)
* Education, teaching, and instruction (in the classroom or beyond)
* Financial support, fundraising, and grants
* Evaluation, assessment, and value
* Outreach and approaches for raising awareness (could include social media, community activities, programming and events, etc.)
* Collaborations and building relationships with other departments and/or institutions
* Donor relationships
* Advocacy and marginalized or underrepresented groups
* Archives and activism
* Advocating for the profession
Panel and lightning rounds proposals: This may include an individual speaker interested in joining a panel, a full panel, or lightning round proposals. Each speaker will need to provide a 100 word abstract of his/her proposed topic. Panel sessions consist of 3-4 speakers who will each have 15-20 minutes to present. Lightning rounds include more speakers with less time for each individual, with approximately 5-10 minutes to present.
Posters: Please submit a 100 word abstract for your proposed topic.
The Committee invites submissions that reflect the diverse experiences and perspectives of those active in the field. Any individual involved in archives – including staff, volunteers, researchers, donors, academics, and allied professionals – is welcome to submit proposal. Students and new professionals are particularly encouraged to submit. Speakers do not need to be SNCA or SCAA members. Please visit the conference page for location and hotel information. More details will be added as they become available.
Submission deadline is January 8, 2016.
Submit panel and lightning round proposals at: http://goo.gl/forms/fZxS6HRXVY
Submit poster proposals at: http://goo.gl/forms/dBtVw2Hkwi
You can also download a copy of this CFP here.