ArchivesSpace has put out a call for speakers for their third annual online forum. You can find out more information at:
"Mark your calendars for our third annual Online Forum!
Taking place March 29-31, 2021, our online forum will be a three-day event spanning a variety of time zones and ArchivesSpace experience levels. A full schedule and information about how to register for the event will be released closer to March. Anyone who uses ArchivesSpace or is interested in ArchivesSpace is welcome to attend.
We are now accepting both session proposals and ideas for topics via our online form at https://forms.gle/dvukC8Y6a2evvswv8. We will be reviewing proposals on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to get your proposals in early. Submissions will be closed on March 5, 2021 with final notification from the planning team by March 17, 2021.
As in years past, our Online Forum will include a mix of opportunities to share and learn from each other about many different aspects of ArchivesSpace and all submissions are welcome. The ArchivesSpace program team is particularly interested in presentations or workshops related to the following topics:
- Using ArchivesSpace in a work from home environment
- Using ArchivesSpace as a long arranger or at a small archive
- Managing paraprofessionals, students and volunteers using ArchivesSpace
- Demonstrations of workflows using different modules or features of the application
- Examples of anti-racism, anti-colonialism and redescription work being executed in ArchivesSpace
- Presentations related to the technical aspects of ArchivesSpace, including how to download a local instance of ArchivesSpace for either testing or production, understanding and managing the ArchivesSpace database, and using the API.
We anticipate recording many parts of the forum, but for it to be a success we will also need as many live participants as possible. We encourage you to dip in and out of the live program as much as you can. You will no doubt “meet” a different set of colleagues each time.
A special thanks to our Online Forum planning group for the tremendous work they’re doing to plan this forum. We’re looking forward to a great event, with your help!"