The Nominating Committee is now accepting nominations for open positions on the Society of North Carolina Archivists Executive Board. The positions that will be open in the next election are:
- Vice President /Programming Chair: The Vice President serves for 1 year and is responsible for coordinating the annual meeting. The VP usually moves into the role of president the following year for a 1-year term.
- Secretary: The Secretary serves for 2 years and is responsible for keeping active records of the Society including the minutes of the Society’s business and Executive Board meetings.
- Development Chair: The Development Chair serves for 2 years and is responsible for encouraging and facilitating both sponsorships of SNCA conference events and philanthropic donations, exploring and recommending methods of increasing the endowment and investing the Society’s funds, and exploring and recommending new ways to use the endowment funds.
- Education Chair: The Education Committee Chair serves for 2 years and is responsible for planning and promoting archival education opportunities. The Education Committee selects the Gene Williams Award and C. David Jackson Scholarship winners.
- Electronic Resources Chair: The Electronic Resources Chair serves for 2 years and is responsible for overseeing the maintenance of the Society’s web page, listserv, and other electronic resources that may be developed.
- Membership Chair: The Membership Chair serves for 2 years and is responsible for overseeing the maintenance of membership lists and directory, sending out dues notices, and contacting those members who do not renew. Furthermore, the membership committee will actively solicit new members including staffing an information table at the Society’s meetings. The membership chair will also appoint and manage social coordinators for regions on a yearly basis.
More details about responsibilities of board members are included in the SNCA By-laws. Potential candidates may be suggested by others or self-nominated, and nominees must be current members of SNCA. If you have a question about your membership, please contact Thomas Flynn.