The Nominating Committee is now accepting nominations for open positions on the Society of North Carolina Archivists Executive Board. The positions that will be open in the next election are:
- Vice President/Programming Chair: The Vice President serves for 1 year and is responsible for coordinating the annual meeting. The VP usually moves into the role of president the following year for a 1-year term.
- Archives Month Chair: The Archives Month chair serves for 2 years and is responsible for coordinating the state-wide theme and outreach for Archives Month (October).
- 2 Members-at-Large (both are 2-year terms):
- RAAC Representative: This member at-large serves as liaison to the Society of American Archivists (SAA) Regional Archival Association Consortium (RAAC) and will receive a travel stipend to attend the SAA Annual Meeting.
- New professional/student member: This member at-large must be a graduate student or a professional in the first 5 years of professional work and serves as liaison to library schools across the state.
- Treasurer: Responsible for managing the finances of SNCA, including a bank account, payments and donations to the organization, and issuing payments. Nominees must have 2 years of membership in SNCA to qualify. (2-year term)
- Publications Chair: Responsible for coordinating publications including the SNCA Newsletter/Blog, J-SNCA, and social media (Facebook/Twitter). The chair serves on the editorial board of J-SNCA and participates in and delegates other communications.
More details about responsibilities of board members are included in the SNCA By-laws. Potential candidates may be suggested by others or self-nominated, and nominees must be current members of SNCA. If you have a question about your membership, please contact Thomas Flynn.