Contributed by Donna Kelly
The State Archives welcomes you to join us at one of our two upcoming workshops to learn about oral history and the oral history projects we are currently working on:
- Saturday October 26 at the Outer Banks History Center – Manteo
- Saturday November 2 at the Western Regional Archives – Asheville
Each workshop will offer 2 sessions:
- Session A – a 2-hour session on general oral history best practices, meant for anyone who is thinking about starting their own oral history project. (10am-12pm)
- Session B* – a 2 ½ hour session on how to be a volunteer interviewer for State Archives projects. (1:00pm-3:30pm)
*Please note, if you plan to attend Session B you must also attend Session A.
We are currently collecting interviews for two major projects:
- “She Changed the World” – focused on interviewing notable women around the State
- Military Collection interviews – designed to document and provide access to the memories and experiences of military servicemen and servicewomen from the state of North Carolina
Capacity is limited and registration is on a first come, first serve basis, so sign up today!
To sign up for one of the workshops, please fill out the online form here.
Or you may contact oral historian Ellen Brooks at email@example.com or 919-814-6847.