Registration for the 2019 SNCA Annual Meeting is now open! The early bird deadline is March 1.
Join us for the annual meeting of the Society of North Carolina Archivists on the campus of the University of North Carolina Wilmington, March 13-15, 2019. The meeting will be held at UNCW's Fisher Student Center, a short walk from Randall Library.
An exciting program of workshops, panel presentations, lightning talks, posters, and tours await SNCA members. Highlights include:
- Four pre-conference workshop options.
- Pre-conference social at Waterman's Brewing Company on Wednesday, March 13 from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Tours of Randall Library, Oakdale Cemetery, the Bellamy Mansion Museum, and the North Carolina Room at the New Hanover Public Library.
- Keynote address by Philip Gerard (Department of Creative Writing, University of North Carolina Wilmington and contributor to Our State magazine).
- Awards ceremony and reception at University of North Carolina Wilmington.
We are excited to welcome this year's keynote speaker Philip Gerard, Department of Creative Writing, University of North Carolina Wilmington and contributor to Our State magazine. His lecture, "How Do We Know What We Know?" will address the difficulty writers face in pinning down facts as accurately as possible, and the crucial importance of doing so in our current political climate.
We look forward to seeing you there!