Contributed by Andy Poore
The Mooresville Public Library has scheduled a month-long program series entitled "Behind the Curtain: Secrets of the Archives" exploring ways to conduct genealogical research through online resources, government departments, and other resources. The programs will be held on Mondays from 6:30-8:30pm in the Selma Burke Room.
- October 1: Join Special Collections staff as they share some of their holdings and give a guided tour.
- October 8: Join Special Collections staff as they look at resources for researching African American ancestry both online and within the Collections.
- October 15: Join staff of the Iredell County Register of Deeds as they demonstrate what is new in their office and how to research vital records.
- October 22: Join staff of the Davidson College Library for a look at Chalmers Davidson's work The Plantation World Around Davidson and explore southern Iredell and northern Mecklenburg counties before the Civil War.
- October 29: Join Special Collections staff as they demonstrate online resources for researching military records.
For more information, contact Andy Poore at (704) 664-4315.